Not that I need an excuse to begin some of the the unmentionable amount of series books I have started collecting over the years, but joining with others in a common goal sure makes it more fun. Although Joy announced this particular challenge quite a while ago, I am only now deciding to throw my hat in the ring.
The Challenge runs from January 1, 2008 - December 31, 2008.
Read 12 books that are the first in any series(new authors not required).
You may read your chosen books any time during the year.
My 1st in the Series Selections:
1. Blood Ties by Lori G. Armstrong - Julie Collins, a secretary in a sheriff’s office and part-time private investigator, in western South Dakota
2. Goodnight, Irene by Jan Burke - Irene Kelly, a newspaper reporter in Southern California
3. Killing Floor by Lee Child – Jack Reacher (ex-military policeman) Suspense/Thriller Series
4. Murder on a Girls' Night Out by Anne George - Patricia Anne "Mouse" Hollowell, housewife and Mary Alice "Sister" Crane, country-western bar owner in Alabama
5. Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison – Rachel Morgan Urban Fantasy Series
6. Blood Price by by Tanya Huff - Victoria Nelson, Blood Series
7. Katwalk by Karen Kijewski – Kat Colorado Mystery Series
8. Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon – Guido Brunetti (Police Commissario) Series
9. The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett – Discworld Series
10. Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs - Temperance Brennan (forensic anthropologist) Mystery Series
11. Everywhere that Mary Went by Lisa Scottoline – Rosato & Associates, an all-women law firm in Philadelphia, PA
12. Desert Noir by Betty Webb - Lena Jones of Desert Investigations in Scottsdale, Arizona
Not too long ago, I mentioned that I am participating in Kathrin's Series Challenge, which began the first of the month and will continue through to the end of May, possibly being extended beyond. After much thought and consideration, I am not going to make a list other than to refer you to my Serial Offender: Guilty As Charged List. I will be reading books from that list. I am leaving the number open to whatever I can manage.
1. There is no set number of books you have to read, you just have to read the books in order to be all up-to-date with the series.
2. Post your review of the books on your blog, no matter how long.
3. Post a comment at Kathrin's when you have finished a series, and when you have finished all the series you wanted to finish for the challenge.
4. Always remember this is for fun!