Friday, December 14, 2007
Friday Fill Ins #12
Fill in the lyrics...with the correct ones or ones of your own. Have fun!
1. Away in a manger, no room for a cell phone. Turn those damn things off! Can't you see he's sleeping!
2. Dashing through the snow, in a Goblin Engineered Turbo Steam-Powered Gyro-Copter, once I get enough Hardened Adamantite Bars.
3. Hark! The herald angels need to get into the bathroom. Damn it, Hark! You can't hog the shower all day.
4. It's coming on Christmas to take me away to the land of the people who can't think of anything clever to say.
5. When I was small I believed in Santa Claus, though I knew it was a cheap ploy by my parents to make me be good for once.
6. That Christmas magic's brought this tale and made me fall fast asleep. Though it might have been the booze.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into one of my mom's rice crispy cookies, tomorrow my plans include going to see The Golden Compass (finally!) and Sunday, I want to catch up on my sleep and watch more Season 4 episodes of The Wire!
Many thanks to my husband, Anjin, who helped me considerably with this week's Fill In meme.
Posted by Literary Feline at 12/14/2007 03:02:00 PM
Labels: Friday Fill-In Meme
Thank you for taking the time to visit Musings of a Bookish Kitty. Don't be shy! I would love to hear from you. Due to a recent increase in spam, I will be moderating all comments for the foreseeable future. Please be patient with me as it may take a few hours before I am able to approve your comment.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
fun fill-ins! (good job, Anjin!)ReplyDelete
have a great weekend!
Great fill-ins! Love the first one especially!ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting :)
Oh ha ha!!! You crack me up!! Amen to #1....we all need to take that advice! LOLOLOLOL!!!ReplyDelete
Alison - My husband thanks you. :-)ReplyDelete
Julie - It seemed fitting. :-)
Kristina - Thank you. Yes, cell phones or ringing phones in general can be a problem when one is trying to sleep--baby or older person.
Great group effort by you and Anjin! I think #3 is my favorite, but they all made me laugh.ReplyDelete
Well done! I wasn't feeling very creative today. #2 and #3 especially made me laugh. :)ReplyDelete
Do let us know what you think of The Golden Compass. I think it comes to Japan early next year. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Florinda - Thanks! I had the toughest time with #3, so I'm glad you liked that one. :-)ReplyDelete
Tanabata - I wasn't either and that's why I decided I needed to enlist my husband's help. haha
I will be sure and let you know what I think of The Golden Compass! :-)
You have the most creative answers - loved #2. Have a great weekend!ReplyDelete
Those were very funny, and I didn't think they sounded exactly like you at first. NIce collaboration though.ReplyDelete
(my husband would be much funnier than me)
Yesterday I took a cell phone from a kid when it went off during a test. It was his father calling him!
These were great! Hope you get to catch up on sleep! After reading your mentions on The Wire I'm thinking of getting the first season DVD.ReplyDelete
Desert Diva - Thank! #2 was my husband's idea. :-) He's much more creative than I am sometimes.ReplyDelete
Elizabeth - Yeah, they definitely have my husband's imprint on them. He can be much funnier than I am at times and I really was drawing a blank with this week's fill-ins and needed the extra nudge. I love that he's so willing to help me when I ask without thinking I'm silly.
Iliana - I hope so too! I seem to be getting less sleep these days.
I hope you will check out The Wire. It's such a good show.
I loved your fill-ins! Really made me laugh!ReplyDelete
Enjoy the Golden Compass! We saw it last week while on vacation in The Netherlands. You'll love it, I'm sure! :)
#3 is hysterical!ReplyDelete
LMAO! Loved your answers :-) Thanks for playing...and yes, I loved the Golden Compass, and I've never read the book.ReplyDelete
Jen - Thanks!ReplyDelete
Julie - Thank you! Golden Compass was fantastic. I"m glad we went to see it!
JMC - I couldn't resist that one.
Janet - Thank you!