Friday, December 21, 2007
Friday Fill Ins #13
1. Snow is quite beautiful from a distance.
2. I'm looking forward to Christmas morning and watching my husband open his Christmas presents.
3. Sleeping in is the best way to start a vacation ever!
4. One of my favorite old TV shows is Little House on the Prairie.
5. I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Is that possible?
6. The most enjoyable things around the holidays are all the Christmas music, decorations, and smiling faces.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to driving through the city to see all the light displays, tomorrow my plans include going to the ARC Light Theater to see a movie or two (stupid limited release movies--make me drive all over creation and back again.) and Sunday, I want to settle in with some hot chocolate and read, read and read some more.
Luck has been on my side recently! On a whim, I put my name in for a copy of Matrimony by Joshua Henkin at Dewey's site, The Hidden Side of a Leaf. I also decided to try for a copy of The Hours by Michael Cunningham, one of the prizes in Michelle's 12 Books of Christmas Giveaway at 1MoreChapter. In both cases, I won! Christmas this year could not be better.
Many thanks to both Dewey and Michelle for hosting the contests and offering these great books! I look forward to reading both books.
Posted by Literary Feline at 12/21/2007 10:35:00 AM
Labels: Friday Fill-In Meme, Meme
Thank you for taking the time to visit Musings of a Bookish Kitty. Don't be shy! I would love to hear from you. Due to a recent increase in spam, I will be moderating all comments for the foreseeable future. Please be patient with me as it may take a few hours before I am able to approve your comment.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on winning! I absolutely loved The Hours. I hope you enjoy it too!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Nymeth! I'm looking forward to reading it. And then maybe I'll actually watch the movie. :-)ReplyDelete
Which ArcLight - Hollywood or the new on in the San Fernando Valley? (Or is there one further east that I don't know about?) I haven't made it to a show at either yet, but I think that's one thing to add to my list for 2008.ReplyDelete
I want to read Matrimony and read The Hours a few years back. I'll look forward to your reviews of both!
Ooh congrats on winning books. Now that's a great way to start the weekend :)ReplyDelete
I loved Little House on the Prairie! That was one of my favorites too.
Your Sunday sounds heavenly! Have a good weekend!ReplyDelete
Florinda - The theater in L.A. I wish there was one closer, but no such luck.ReplyDelete
Iliana - Thank you! I think so too. :-)
I can still get pulled into an episode of Little House on the Prairie if I am flipping through the channels.
Jen - Thank you!
Amy - Thanks. I'm looking forward to it!
Winning books - does it get any better!ReplyDelete
Sunday sounds wonderful :)
Oh I like your Christmas template. The kitty in the lights is very cute!ReplyDelete
And why couldn't I think of Little House on the Prairie last night? That's one that's stood the test of time. Have a great weekend!
Julie - It doesn't, does it? :-)ReplyDelete
Tanabata - You're the first person to say so! I'm glad you like it. I thought I'd try something seasonal. :-)
I hope you have a great weekend too.
Oh wow! Congrats on winning the books, Wendy! ;) Have a GREAT weekend!ReplyDelete
Caongrats! That is a nice Christmas present.ReplyDelete
Melody - Thank you! I hope you are having a great weekend!ReplyDelete
Nikki - Thanks! My husband shook his head is dismay when I told him. Haha