Friday, December 21, 2007
Friday Fill Ins #13
1. Snow is quite beautiful from a distance.
2. I'm looking forward to Christmas morning and watching my husband open his Christmas presents.
3. Sleeping in is the best way to start a vacation ever!
4. One of my favorite old TV shows is Little House on the Prairie.
5. I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Is that possible?
6. The most enjoyable things around the holidays are all the Christmas music, decorations, and smiling faces.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to driving through the city to see all the light displays, tomorrow my plans include going to the ARC Light Theater to see a movie or two (stupid limited release movies--make me drive all over creation and back again.) and Sunday, I want to settle in with some hot chocolate and read, read and read some more.
Luck has been on my side recently! On a whim, I put my name in for a copy of Matrimony by Joshua Henkin at Dewey's site, The Hidden Side of a Leaf. I also decided to try for a copy of The Hours by Michael Cunningham, one of the prizes in Michelle's 12 Books of Christmas Giveaway at 1MoreChapter. In both cases, I won! Christmas this year could not be better.
Many thanks to both Dewey and Michelle for hosting the contests and offering these great books! I look forward to reading both books.