"An ill wind moves through Chicago," Lulu said, sniffing the air."It's not an ill wind," I said. But I stared down at the malformed lump of sickly gray dough currently spreading across the sheet pan and admitted to myself I didn't have much room to argue. [opening of Shadowed Steel]
I stopped when we got to the vehicle, rested my head against the closed door.Connor stopped, looked back at the dull thump. "That's not how you get in."I grunted."Are you practicing a new vampire power, or taking a moment?"I swiveled my head to look at him. "I got fired." [excerpt from 30% of Shadowed Steel]
Every Friday Billy from Coffee Addicted Writer poses a question which participants respond on their own blogs within the week (Friday through Thursday). They then share their links at the main site and visit other participants blogs.
How many different weekly memes do you participate in besides the Book Blogger Hop? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)
Too many when you add them all up. Seriously though, memes are my saving grace these days, helping me stay connected and blogging given how busy my life offline can be. There are some memes I only take part in periodically and others I more faithfully post. A few can be easily combined with others or flow into one another. I like to change things up now and then and have participated in different memes throughout my blog's life. These days, I participate in the following:
- Sunday Post hosted by Kim of Caffeinated Book Reviewer
- The Sunday Salon (TSS) hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz
- It's Monday! What Are you Reading? hosted by Kathryn of Book Date
- Can't-Wait Wednesday hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
- Books from the Backlog hosted by Carole of Carole's Random Life in Books (actually a Thursday meme, but I participate on Wednesdays)
- Book Beginnings hosted by Gillion Dumas of Rose City Reader
- Friday 56 hosted by Freda of Freda's Voice
- Connect Five Friday hosted by the Kathryn of of Book Date
- Book Blogger Hop hosted by Billy from Coffee Addicted Writer
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Be sure and tell me what you are reading and are up to!
© 2021 Musings of a Bookish Kitty. All Rights Reserved. If you're reading this on a site other than Musings of a Bookish Kitty or Wendy's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.