- Grab your current read.
- Let the book fall open to a random page.
- Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. NO SPOILERS!
- Share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from (that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given).
- Leave a link to the blog post where you’ve shared your “Teaser" in the comments to the week's TUESDAY TEASER post at Should Be Reading.
- If you don’t have a blog, share the teaser in a comment on that week’s “Teaser” post.
From beyond her eastern wall, Sivakami hears the young witch's slightly muffled voice: "Move away from my door with your dirty talk!"
The boys escape towards town, yelping with shared fear and collective bravado like skinny yellow pi-dogs.
~ The Toss of a Lemon by Padma Viswanathan
Ooh, I've had my eye on The Toss of a Lemon! Looking forward to the review.ReplyDelete
GREAT teaser sentences! Now I want to read the book :o)ReplyDelete
I haven't heard of this book. It sounds interesting.ReplyDelete
Wonderful teaser, Toss of a Lemon is on my want to read list.ReplyDelete
Those are definitely intriguing teasers. Can't wait for your review of the book!ReplyDelete
What a great snippet!! I haven't heard of this work but I'll have to check it out.ReplyDelete
Sounds interesting Wendy! I'll watch for your review. Thanks for the Teaser.ReplyDelete
Glad you played, Wendy! :)ReplyDelete
That's a great teaser. Can't wait to read your review.
I wonder what a skinny yellow pi-dog is (?)ReplyDelete
I am yet to read her!ReplyDelete
Yes, I am enjoying The Dark Child.
Here’s something that may be of interest.
-Samuel Shem, author of “House of God,” has written his latest novel, “The Spirit of the Place.” It’s available now and is considered Mr. Shem’s most ambitious work.
Please visit http://www.samuelshem.com for more information-
I'm about to start this book tonight! I'm rolling in new books - I got this one from the Book Browse First Readers program! :)ReplyDelete
Wow, what a fascinating excerpt. I'm wondering about the pi-dog, too.ReplyDelete
Those are good teaser sentences! I hope you're having a great summer!
Thank you all for commenting. I am enjoying the book quite a bit. It's a bit long and slow going, but interesting just the same.ReplyDelete
A pi-dog is a stray dog, I believe. I hadn't heard the term before this book either.
Interesting book title with equally interesting snippets! I think I'll play too but will do that when I'm home. Now leaving for dinner. :)ReplyDelete
Enjoy your dinner, Alice!ReplyDelete