For this and the last giveaway I held, I gave each of the entrants a number (in the order you commented) and then let random.org do all the work for me. The winners of this week's book giveaways are
The Remedy by Michelle Lovric is going to Kay of My Random Acts of Reading!
Laura of Reading Reflections is the lucky winner of Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate!
I hope you both enjoy the books! Please e-mail me with your mailing addresses and I will get those in the mail to you as soon as I can.
Thank to everyone who participated! The downside of a giveaway like this is that not everyone comes out a winner. I wish I had enough books to give each of you. Come back on Monday to try your luck again with two more books that are looking to find new homes.
Alice tagged me for the Decades Meme. I considered doing it again, but not enough has changed since October to make it worthwhile. You can find my journey down memory lane here.
Dancin' Fool tagged me for the CD CV meme, which evidently was originally taken from Mark Radcliff at Radio 2. This was actually a very difficult meme for me to do because as much as I love listening to music, my tastes change frequently. I am afraid my answers are not very specific in most cases.
1. The first record you ever bought? The first record I ever owned all my very own was a Strawberry Shortcake album, featuring the Peculiar Purple Pie Man of Porcupine Peak. It was a birthday gift, and I used to love listening to it and singing along. I didn't buy it myself though. It was a gift from my parents. I could not tell you what the first record I bought with my own money was. Maybe the first Whitney Houston album? I really can't say for sure.
2. The song that led to your first pop star crush? Russians by Sting. (I never have had an actual crush on a pop star, but I suppose this comes the closest).
3. The song that reminds you of your first true love? Just about any love song really! I once made a radio dedication of You're the Inspiration by Chicago to my husband-then-boyfriend. Our wedding song, however, was Bryan Adam's Everything I Do, a song that still makes me melt.
4. A song that's guaranteed to make you dance? Me dance? Not in public, anyway! Any song with a good beat will get my toe tapping.
5. Your favorite holiday track? My favorite type of holiday music is Christmas music, but that is about as specific as I can get. My favorite song changes each season, sometimes by the month or day.
6. The song you'd most like to sing on stage? A Little Fall of Rain from Les Miserables.
7. The most embarrassing record you ever bought? I can't think of one. I am not easily embarrassed by my music choices. I already know I am a bit odd.
8. The best guitar riff ever? I am especially fond of the sound of the acoustic guitar being played; how could I choose just one? My husband says his favorite guitar riff is the bass riff at the beginning of Jet City Woman.
9. The one song you wish you'd written? All of the beautiful ones.
10. What is your favorite radio station, and/ or DJ? I'm a radio channel flipper. I go from radio station to radio station depending on what is playing. I have no favorite radio station. And sad to say, I don't really pay much attention to the DJ.