I’ve always wondered what other people do when they come across a word/phrase that they’ve never heard before. I mean, do they jot it down on paper so they can look it up later, or do they stop reading to look it up on the dictionary/google it or do they just continue reading and forget about the word?
Some days I am more lazy than others. If I can figure out the meaning of an unfamiliar word from the context it is used, I am less likely to pursue looking any further. If I have the computer or a dictionary handy when I am reading, I will look up any words I am uncertain about and cannot figure out on my own. Sometimes I just ask my husband who I have come to think of as a walking dictionary among other things. When stuck without any of those resources and no one else I would willingly bug, I continue reading. If I remember to look it up later, great. If not, it is because I have completely forgotten about it and moved on to other things.
1. The last time I lost my temper I caused an entire star system to fall into the void!
2. Right now, a countless number of things is what I'm fed up with!
3. The next book I'd like to read is somewhere in this stack of books sitting on my desk.
4. A big hug from my husband is what I'm looking forward to.
5. If you can't get rid of the skeleton[s] in your closet, leave the door open, and they will eventually find their way out.
6. The best things I got in the mail recently were five books, four of which were completely unexpected.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm