1. Reading all of the books in my TBR room is high up on my bucket list.
2. My favorite quote is "Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures"; it's from Jessamyn West.
3. My husband not only encouraged but also inspired me to start blogging.
4. Strawberries are best in a smoothie.
5. I scaled down the side of Florinda's blog, waving to her as I went by in the last dream I remember having. It looked like a giant computer tower.
6. The most enjoyable time to go for a walk is in the early evening when the temperature is cooler and the sun has yet to set.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to bed early; tomorrow my plans include finishing Michelle Moran's novel, Nefertiti, if I haven't already by then; and Sunday, I want to be completely over this cold! I actually am suffering from laryngitis at the moment too, which is kind of fun. I like talking like a frog. My husband is getting tired of me testing my voice to see if I am still hoarse. Let's not talk about my embarrassing moment when I had a coughing fit during jury selection yesterday. Hopefully today will go better (when I'm squawking out answers to attorney's questions).
Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
I am a realist with optimistic leanings.
What is your favorite color of ink to write with?
I can't say I have a favorite color of ink. In one of my previous positions, a couple of my staff often joked that the reports I returned to them for corrections were dripping in alien blood. I tend to be more traditional these days, sticking with black or blue ink. Whatever is handy and people can read easily.
How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?
It has been years since I got a manicure or a pedicure. I am a minimalist when it comes to my nails these days. I trim them when necessary and do little else with them.
Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?
Books seem to be about the only thing I ever win in a contest, online or otherwise. If you believe the e-mails I receive sometimes in my spam folder, I have won the U.K. Lottery a number of times. I haven't seen a dime.
In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?You would think that because I now have a laptop, I would take it with me all over the house. Not so much. I haven't gotten used to the fact that my computer is mobile yet. It pretty much stays in my husband's and my home office, otherwise known as the computer room.