1. Idle hands are itching for a book.
2. I love to read in the shower. I just can't--soggy book and all that. If only I could keep the book dry . . .
3. My favorite time of the day is when the UPS man arrives. He's like a daily Santa Claus.
4. The last tea I drank was warm and soothing.
5. I like to go to baseball games in the summer.
6. My mother always said the best walks are often taken in the pouring rain.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to spending a quiet evening with my husband and our furkids; tomorrow my plans include celebrating my husband's birthday and entertaining my in-laws and Sunday, I want to enjoy a decent breakfast with our company before they head home and then spend the afternoon lost in a book!
When you drink soda/pop/coke, do you prefer to drink it from the bottle, a can, or after pouring it into a cup?I do not drink soda of any kind anymore. When I did, I preferred it in a glass glass over ice. Sometimes I would crave an ice cold bottle of root beer.
What television show are you willing to stay up late to watch?None. With the advent of digital recorders, I no longer have to give up my precious sleep for a favorite television show. Even when a show is on at a decent hour, I tend to record it and watch it later or at least get it started late so I can fast forward through all of the commercials.
Name one person, place, or thing you think of as brilliant.
Would you be willing to work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days in order to save gas?This has recently come up as an idea for staff at the agency I work for. Whether it's going to be adopted or not is still up in the air. I am more than willing to work a 4/10 schedule. As it is, I currently work a 9/80 schedule, meaning that I work 9 hours Monday through Thursday and then 8 hours alternating Fridays, with three day weekends every other week. Considering how much overtime I put in, an extra hour a day will not make much of a different. It sure would be nice to have three days off every week though!
If you were a superhero, what would you call yourself?Why, the Literary Feline, of course! I could swoop in when there is a biblio-emergency and save the day. Stuck somewhere with nothing to read? Found the last few pages missing from your book? Accidentally dropped your book in a bucket of water? Realized the only book you have on hand is one you have already read--or worse, one you wish you had never picked up? Just give a shout out for the Literary Feline!