Friday, October 26, 2007
Friday Fill In #5
1. The last good thing that came in the mail was books!
2. This week I'm grateful for so much! With the fires raging through the state, I am grateful that not only I, but my family too, have been kept out of harm's way. I am grateful that my friends are safe. I am grateful for all the firefighters, volunteers and rescue workers who have and continue to labor long and hard to fight these fires.
3. White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cheesecake is the most delicious thing ever.
4. Selflessness inspires me.
5. I'm most happy when I wake up on a Saturday or Sunday, with the entire day ahead of me. I can snuggle under the covers for as long as the animals will let me, wake up early and spend a few quiet moments to myself, and spend the day just about however I want with my husband and my cat and dog by my side.
6. And all the roads we have to walk along are bumpy with potholes, hills, and rocks to stumble upon, but it is that journey across these roads that make us stronger and better people.
7. As for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to kicking up my feet and staying indoors and out of the smoky air, tomorrow my plans include something I have not quite decided on, and Sunday, I want to see a clear blue sky!
Jaimie from Bell Literary Reflections is such a kind soul. I always look forward to her visits to my blog and very much enjoy my visits to her blog. And so I feel honored that she would nominate me for the Community Blogger Award. Her kind words made me blush! Many thanks, Jaimie. It is no wonder you were given this award as well.