Friday, October 26, 2007
Friday Fill In #5
1. The last good thing that came in the mail was books!
2. This week I'm grateful for so much! With the fires raging through the state, I am grateful that not only I, but my family too, have been kept out of harm's way. I am grateful that my friends are safe. I am grateful for all the firefighters, volunteers and rescue workers who have and continue to labor long and hard to fight these fires.
3. White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cheesecake is the most delicious thing ever.
4. Selflessness inspires me.
5. I'm most happy when I wake up on a Saturday or Sunday, with the entire day ahead of me. I can snuggle under the covers for as long as the animals will let me, wake up early and spend a few quiet moments to myself, and spend the day just about however I want with my husband and my cat and dog by my side.
6. And all the roads we have to walk along are bumpy with potholes, hills, and rocks to stumble upon, but it is that journey across these roads that make us stronger and better people.
7. As for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to kicking up my feet and staying indoors and out of the smoky air, tomorrow my plans include something I have not quite decided on, and Sunday, I want to see a clear blue sky!
Jaimie from Bell Literary Reflections is such a kind soul. I always look forward to her visits to my blog and very much enjoy my visits to her blog. And so I feel honored that she would nominate me for the Community Blogger Award. Her kind words made me blush! Many thanks, Jaimie. It is no wonder you were given this award as well.
Posted by Literary Feline at 10/26/2007 04:48:00 PM
Labels: Friday Fill-In Meme, Meme
Thank you for taking the time to visit Musings of a Bookish Kitty. Don't be shy! I would love to hear from you. Due to a recent increase in spam, I will be moderating all comments for the foreseeable future. Please be patient with me as it may take a few hours before I am able to approve your comment.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats!!! I agree that you deserve every blogging award you get.ReplyDelete
California is in my prayers lately. I am glad that you and your loved ones are safe.
My congratulations as well!ReplyDelete
I'm hoping for many clear blue skies for California soon. What a tragedy for so many people. Glad you and yours have come through unscathed.
Thank you, Nik and Jenclair. We've still got our eye on the Santiago Fire, but news reports are positive in that the fire isn't looking like it will come in our direction unless weather conditions change. I hope the people in the fire's current path will be safe in the meantime.ReplyDelete
It's always a good day when books are delivered!ReplyDelete
I'm glad that you and your family are out of harm's way. Stay safe.
I love your answers to #s 5 & 6! Thanks for playing :-0ReplyDelete
I loved what you said about weekend mornings, because mine are very similar. I really love my job, and sometimes I feel like someone who loves her job should look forward to weekends so much, but I guess I just love flexible family time even more. :)ReplyDelete
I'm with you in hoping for blue skies for you and the rest of your state!ReplyDelete
You are so lucky to not have any kids. I lost any decision making regarding sleeping in 5 years ago. Now every morning, I get woken up. It gets really exhausting sometimes.ReplyDelete
Daphne - Yes, books make nice presents in the mail, even the ones we expect. :-)ReplyDelete
It's raining a little today which is a very welcome sight. Although the last thing we need are mudslides, the first priority is to put out the fires.
Janet - Thanks!
Dewey - I enjoy my job too, but I do love the weekends!
CJ - I decided today as I felt the rain fall that I don't mind the cloudy skies either if they want to shed some water down on the fires. :-)
Historia - Ah, perhaps. The animals do a good job of making sure I don't sleep in though. If the cat isn't trying to roust me out of bed, the dog certainly well.
I love what you write in your friday fills in. You always pick such inspiring and heart-warming things.ReplyDelete
I'm very glad to hear all your family and loved ones are safe.
Congrats!! You deserve that award!!ReplyDelete
Congrats, Wendy! You well deserved that award! :)ReplyDelete
It's always good to receive books in the mail. :D Am glad to hear that your family & friends are safe.
Thanks, Nymeth. My plan in the beginning is to try for witty, but it rarely works out that way. :-)ReplyDelete
Kristina - Thank you!
Melody - Thanks!