Friday, October 12, 2007
Friday Fill-In #3
1. Once upon a time . . . I believed that humans could develop hair balls by sucking on their hair.
2. I hate it when someone on the phone is . . . . screaming and . . . only after you are able to squeeze a word in, can you tell the person that she has the wrong number.
3. One of my favorite scented hand lotions is . . . white tea and ginger.
4. Way down . . . at the end of the highway is a fork in the road where you can either turn left or right, depending on where you want to go.
5. Keys . . . lock doors . . . ; locks . . . . keep people out.
6. Have you seen . . . my black heels?. . .They're . . . covered with my dog's teeth marks.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to . . . dinner out at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then a quiet evening at home. . . , tomorrow my plans include . . . meeting with someone to get a estimate on how much she would charge to paint the exterior of my house . . . and Sunday, I want to . . . spend all day reading, but I will probably need to take care of some chores around the house as well!
What a week it has been! I am grateful to see the weekend come at last. Work is work is work. I cannot say much more than that on that topic. It has been crazy at the office, which is not too unusual this time of year. Reading wise, I have been terribly negligent. I hope to remedy that this weekend.
The lowest point of the week was when my husband's grandmother suffered a heart attack on Tuesday. She is doing very well and will be leaving the hospital tomorrow. Grandma is the most amazing woman I know, and so it was a great relief for us all that she is going to be okay.
On the plus side, I won a copy of The Dollmaker by Amanda Stevens from Melody in her Buy A Friend a Book Week drawing. I also received a couple of ARC's in the mail, one of which is by one of my favorite authors, and I can hardly wait to dive right in and read it. I am bursting at the seams to tell you about it. But not now. Not yet. I really want to tell you. My husband says no. He says timing is everything.