This will be a short post today. I did not get a lot of reading done this weekend. My in-laws were in town visiting for my husband's birthday. For the next three months, he will be an actual number ahead of me age wise. You can bet I will take full advantage of teasing him about that.
Random Bookish Thoughts
- A coworker of mine was complaining about her son's behavior. She was approached by another coworker later in the morning who suggested that perhaps it was because he was reading the Harry Potter books.
- My youngest cat has discovered how tasty books can be. Especially the corners.
- Not all books should be made into movies.
- I prefer to read books I will enjoy, and so I choose books accordingly. Why do some people take issue with that?
- My mother-in-law has come up with the cutest logo for my business cards.--if I ever follow through and decide to have some made.
- My father-in-law is in awe of my personal library.
- He seems to gravitate mostly towards my husband's recent reads.
- I lovingly persuaded my mother-in-law to take home a book I think she might like (Sweet Mandarin by Helen Tse).
- I have this week off from work, and I hope to spend much of it lost in books.
- And watching movies and more of season two of Torchwood. And the first season of True Blood.
Week in Review:
Guest Appearance: Interview with Author Mary Stanton
Double Feature: Reviews of Defending Angels and Angel's Advocate by Mary Stanton
Please join me in congratulating Natalie from Book, Line, and Sinker and Tanabata from In Spring It is the Dawn on winning a copies of No One You Know by Michelle Richmond!
Thank you to all who entered and shared the books that inspired you in some way. I have added several to my never ending wish list.
To my husband: