Friday, November 30, 2007
Friday Fill Ins #10 & 7 (Not So) Weird Facts About Me
1. When my blog is broken, I whine and complain a little and then grab whatever book I am reading and immerse myself in the pages.
2. I saw the most amazing sight this morning! Rain! (but, boy, was it a pain to have to drive in because it was coming down fast and nonstop for several hours).
3. The Kite Runner and Atonement are the new movies I'm most looking forward to seeing.
4. Work: Necessary and rarely dull.
5. Of all the new tv shows, I enjoy Chuck the most. (I can't believe I'm admitting to this. Ugh. It is silly and dumb, but it sure is fun.)
6. If only the deputy district attorney had called me this morning to say I did not need to appear in court today so that I would not have had to get up early on my day off, dress in my finery, fight traffic to find a place to park, run between the raindrops to the courthouse, and wait and wait and wait. Now I have to go back on Monday.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some much needed bloghopping (Anjin's finally battling in Karazhan), tomorrow my plans include taking in a movie and finishing up the laundry and Sunday, I want to get caught up on TV shows!
Dewey of The Hidden Side of a Leaf kindly tagged me for the Seven Weird Facts Meme. I expected I would end up being tagged for this one and was trying to think ahead of time for my response, but I am still at a loss. Let's see what I can scrape together.
1. I am a huge fan of musicals. I like listening to showtunes and often sing along.
2. I can sing the entire Jesus Christ Superstar rock opera from memory. I am not saying I'm any good though.
3. Les Miserables is my favorite musical. Maybe someday I will actually finish reading the book.
4. Rent is my favorite musical movie. (The stage performance is awesome too.)
5. When attending a stage performance of a musical, I always get teary-eyed at the start of the show.
6. I have performed in three musicals.
7. My husband actually likes musicals and does not mind going to see them with me.
It was not my intention to run with the musical theme. It sort of just happened. I think it may have had something to do with the music I am listening to right now. And I know most of what I listed does not count as weird, but it has been a long day, and this is the best I can manage.
If you haven't given this meme a try, please do! I would love to learn more about you! Make sure and let me know if you decide to play.
Posted by Literary Feline at 11/30/2007 07:26:00 PM
Labels: Friday Fill-In Meme, Meme
Thank you for taking the time to visit Musings of a Bookish Kitty. Don't be shy! I would love to hear from you. Due to a recent increase in spam, I will be moderating all comments for the foreseeable future. Please be patient with me as it may take a few hours before I am able to approve your comment.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I loved Jesus Christ Superstar back in the day.ReplyDelete
There's a song from Les Mis that I LOVE! The inn keeper's song...I'm not sure of the name!
Oh, and sorry you had to go to court on your day off! Thanks for playing :-)
The rain was a nice change, wasn't it? Except for having to drive in it, of course...ReplyDelete
I'm a pretty big fan of musicals too. I like a lot of the classic ones, but I have to say that the most fun movie I saw this year was Hairspray.
I'll probably be doing the 7 Weird Facts meme next week.
I enjoyed reading this post very much. I like musicals too. I hope to watch Les Miserables one day. I have the book in my TBR.ReplyDelete
You've performed in two musicals? WOW!... Are there any pics? :D
Sorry, I meant three musicals... :)ReplyDelete
Janet - The stage production of JCS is very good. I like it a lot better than the movie version.ReplyDelete
I know which song you are talking about from Les Miserable. :-) I like that song too.
Yeah, it was no fun having to go to court on my day off, but at least I get paid overtime. I keep reminding myself of that fact and it makes it a little better. I just wish I could have gotten it over with instead of having to wait yet again.
Florinda - The rain is such a welcome sight! It's raining again now, I hear. I love falling asleep to the sound of rain outside.
Hairspray was a good movie, wasn't it?
Alice - Thanks! I hope you can see Les Miserables someday too. It's really very good.
I'm sure there are photos of me in the musicals, but my parents have them. I was still in school at the time. They weren't nearly the caliber as the musicals anyone would pay to see. :-)
Oh no! Why did you have to go to court?ReplyDelete
As much as I love a good hard rain, I don't like being caught in it. Or driving in it. I'm sorry to hear that.
I love musicals, too. I took my right wing, church going parents to see rent with me when it came out as a movie awhile back. Oops. They told me it was beautifully filmed. :P
Nikki - At least your parents were able to find something good to say about it! HahaReplyDelete
The court thing was work related--just something I sometimes (rarely anymore, thank goodness) have to do for my job.
Sounds like you have a nice chilled weekend planned. I like musicals too, my favourite is Wicked. Defy Gravity gives me vgoose bumps every time!ReplyDelete
Too bad about having to go to court today.ReplyDelete
Les Mis is my favourite musical too, and like you I haven't read the book. I keep thinking I'll do it someday, just haven't got around to it yet. I know which song Janet means too and it's one of the ones that always ends up stuck in my head if I listen to the CD. Hmm, think I may have to do that it's been quite a while. Oh, and I love Rent too!
I think my favorite movie musicals are Cabaret and Chicago! I think my favorite stage performance of a musical was Cats (so cliche, I know!). I've seen JCSS twice, once as a child, a professional performance, and the actors were nude, and once a college production I saw as an adult.ReplyDelete
I used to love Les Mis but then I overdosed on it. :)
they are a CUUUUUURSE, they must DISS-puuuurse!
Rhinoa - Most of my weekends seem to be the same. LOL I like it that way though. After a busy work week, all I want to do is chill. :-)ReplyDelete
I love the musical Wicked. It's definitely among my favorites.
Tanabata - Yes, it kind of cut into my plans for the day. :-(
I'm in the mood to listen to Les Miserables now too after all this talk about it.
Dewey - Cabaret and Chicago are great movie musicals. :-) I got to see Chicago on stage last year and really liked it. I wish I could move like some of those dancers.
A nude version of JCSS, eh? That would be different. LOL
D. Chedwick - Thank you!
I love musicals, too, but sadly I haven't seen one on stage in such a long time. The first one I ever saw was Cats, so I've still got a bit of a soft spot for it. Les Mis is definitely a favorite of mine, and I love the movie version of Rent - would love to see it on stage sometime.ReplyDelete
Oh, and there's nothing more fun than singing along with showtunes, no matter how you sound doing it! =D
I have only been to one musical so far, and I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping there will be another chance that I will go again.ReplyDelete
Oh, I didn't know that there will be a movie on The Kite Runner. I'm also looking forward to watching Atonement too.
Hope you have a great weekend, Wendy!
Megan - I still haven't seen Cats, can you believe it? If the show ever comes to Los Angeles, I might be able to.ReplyDelete
Melody - I hope you can go again too! I love seeing performances live.
Oh, yes! The Kite Runner movie caused a bit of a controversy even. It was supposed to be released in the U.S. last month but because of concerns over the safety of a couple of the actors, the release was delayed until this month.
I used to have Jesus Christ Superstar memorized.ReplyDelete
I've been torturing Mr. Bybee lately with "If Ever I Would Leave You"