Melanie over at The Indextrious Reader tagged me for this gem of a meme. It's a great way to get to know each other a little better.
Four jobs I have had or currently have in my life:
1. I worked in a printing plant on the factory floor. I stapled, collated, shrink wrapped, and boxed manuals and the like. I learned to hate Paula Abdul's Rush, Rush and Stevie Wonder's Jungle Fever because I heard it three or four times every day during the time I worked at the plant.
2. I was a maid for a short while for a housecleaning service and would be assigned to clean houses and offices.
3. I was a recreational aide for the city's after school and summer program. In other words, a glorified babysitter. I held this job during the summers of my college years. I was assigned to the kindergarten aged children (about 7 to 15 children depending on the day) and would come up with arts and crafts, sports and other activities to keep the children occupied all day.
4. During my college years, I also worked as a circulation desk assistant at the university library and later was a circulation desk supervisor.
Four countries I have been to:
I'm afraid I can't list four as I've only been to two outside of my own country. I have been to several different states within the United States, however and so am not completely homebound.
Four places I’d rather be right now:
Being as I'm home at this moment, I cannot list that one . . .
1. A mountain cabin overlooking a lake.
2. Sitting on the porch at a beach house overlooking the ocean.
3. At a baseball game.
4. At the movie theater watching the latest Bourne movie.
Four foods I like to eat:
1. Barbecue Chicken Pizza
2. Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream
3. Cheese Enchiladas
If you haven't done this one already, consider yourself tagged!
I'd love to be in a mountain cabin overlooking a lake right now too!ReplyDelete
It'd be the beach for me...ReplyDelete
Why is it I'm at work instead? Oh, yeah. Bills.
The printing factory job sounds utterly deadening! And yes, I think I'd like to be in the mountains or at the ocean - anywhere overlooking water. It always feels like a holiday when there's a body of water nearby :)ReplyDelete
Mmmm, cheese enchiladas and the mountains. Yes, please. :)ReplyDelete
"Sitting on the porch at a beach house overlooking the ocean" would be perfect right now. It's too hot and I spent the day driving back from Liverpool to London (just under 300 miles).ReplyDelete
Oooo, the beach! That's one place I never tire of. I did the circulation desk thing in college, too and was amazed by how little I had to work--not much checking out of books. In other words, the library was more of a place to socialize than to read. I never understood it...ReplyDelete
I'd like to be in Paris right now. But I will be in Quebec soon, and they speak French there, so it's as close as I'm going to get for the time being.ReplyDelete
I can commiserate with Kelly. I, too, worked in my college library, although a long time ago, before everything was on computers. I used to type the numbers on the side of the book. Until that job, I thought maybe I'd become a librarian, but I also found that I couldn't read if I was working...
Tanabata - Doesn't being in the mountains right on the lake sound so peaceful? Perfect place to read. :-)ReplyDelete
CJ - As long as I'm not sitting directly under the sun. LOL
Melanie - That job was mind numbing. I was so bored and very glad I didn't have to do that for very long. I'm just not cut out for work like that. I have a lot of admiration for those who can do it and stick to it for so long.
Andi - I wonder what's for dinner tonight . . .
Rhinoa - That's a long drive! As I was driving to work this morning I thought it would be much better if I could turn my car around and just drive to the beach. I'm not sure my boss would have appreciated that though. Haha
Kelly - When I wasn't behind the desk, I was supposed to be out shelving/straigtening books (funny how that never left me--I still do it now and then when browsing in the bookstore) or walking the perimeter. I did get a lot of studying done during the quiet moments.
Karen - The days of card catalogs. :-) Sometimes now I wish I had become a librarian. Back then, I wasn't interested.
I hope you have a wonderful time in Quebec. Paris would be nice too.
We saw The Bourne Ultimatum this weekend. It's good. Hope you get to go see it soon. Loved reading your answers.ReplyDelete
I love this meme, I think I've answered it at some point as well...ReplyDelete
Loved reading your answers. I really want to see Bourne as well...
Good answers! I want to see the Bourne movie, too!ReplyDelete
Hopefully your current job is better than the ones you listed!ReplyDelete
On the porch at the beach house with a barbeque chicken pizza sounds glorious.
I want to see Bourne as well. Not so much that I have yet, but....want.
Iliana - That is good to hear! I am really looking forward to seeing it. Those movies are so much fun.ReplyDelete
Karina & Gentle Reader - I hope you both will be able to see it soon!
Carrie - I'd like to think I moved up the work chain pretty well, but depending on the day, sometimes I wonder.
Interesting jobs! But they don't sound like a lot of fun. :)ReplyDelete
Zandria - I did like the library job very much. The others I'd rather forget. HahaReplyDelete