Karina over at Candid Karina tagged me for an interesting meme. I can be a big moaner, especially on a bad day, but I tend to keep it to myself--or at least to the confines of my home with just my animals and husband in earshot. It reminds me of an assignment I was given a couple of years ago.
One of my former managers gave his staff tiny notebooks and asked us to use it for a week by writing down any negative thoughts we had. His intention was to show us how easy it was to be negative, and then, by realizing just how much we time we wasted on those thoughts, perhaps we would focus more on the positive. It is a good thing no one ever collected those notebooks because I do not believe any of us filled them out.
I will accept, however, Karina's challenge.
The Freelance Cynic created this meme. He says:
If you've ever listened to people talking on a bus you'll know that most of what they say is negative. They talk about things they hate, people that annoy them and boyfriends that let them down before they even think about mentioning the 'nice things.'
All of us do it. We find it natural, when with a friend, to moan.In fact a recent study has shown that the most effective form of human bonding is moaning and gossiping.Yet our blogs, the social tools of the 21st century, are populated by memes listing our 'favourites,' or our 'blessings,' or our 'funniest' moments. In our efforts to be readable we have denied others the one thing that makes us interesting - our whining, moaning, complaining selves.And so I am pleased to present the first ever Moaning Meme! The meme that will teach us all a bit more about each other and ourselves.It's time to spread some Personality...
The Moaning Meme
5 people who will be annoyed you tagged them.
- I tried, but I can't. If you want to give this one a try, feel free to do so. Remember to be annoyed.
4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.
- Child Abuse
- Animal Cruelty
- Cockroaches (to be removed without cruelty, of course)
3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently.
- Taking forever to get to the point - I work in a job where crises occur every day. It's the nature of the job. Heck, my work is dealing with one crisis after another. When someone comes to me with a question or a problem, I do not need someone to beat around the bush, especially when I have five other people demanding my attention with their own questions or crises to deal with.
- Tailgaters and people who go way too slow in the fast lane.
- Mothers who choose bad men over their children.
2 things you find yourself moaning about.
- Lack of A Quiet Place to Read - I just want a quiet place to read during my lunch break. Is that too much to ask? If it wasn't so hot, I would go sit in my car. I almost did today. I could always let the air conditioner run, I suppose.
- My house - I hate almost everything about it. It needs so much work (painting, new windows, landscaping, new furniture, inside repairs like you would not believe). It's embarrassing.
1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself.
- I complain too much.
Stephanie over at Stephanie's Confessions of a Book-A-Holic tagged me with the Blogging Tips Meme. The object of this meme is to pass along helpful blogging tips.
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.)
Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general.
After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends!
Just think- if 10 people start this, the 10 people pass it onto another 10 people, you have 100 links already!
1. Look, read, and learn. **-http://www.neonscent.com/
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. **-http://www.bushmackel.com/
3. Don’t let money change ya! *-http://www.therandomforest.info/
4. Always reply to your comments. *****-http://chattiekat.com/
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. *-http://chipsquips.com/
6. Don’t give up - persistence is fertile. *-http://www.velcro-city.co.uk/
7. Give link credit where credit is due. ****-http://www.sfsignal.com/
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post.**-http://scifichick.com/
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you - it's nice to know who is reading! * -http://stephaniesbooks.blogspot.com/
10. It never hurts to proofread. - http://literaryfeline.blogspot.com/
Like with the Moaning Meme, I am going to spoil the fun and not tag anyone. If you have a good tip you want to share, feel free to participate in the Blogging Tips Meme.
Kailana from Kailana's Written World has awarded me the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Kailana. I think you are pretty Rockin' yourself.
I crowned a few terrific bloggers with this award not too long ago, and so I will leave it at that. I do want to say, however, that I frequent many blogs and all of them are worthy of this award. You rock! Keep up the good work.
Proofreading is a good tip! I do try to do it, but despite that, sometimes I find embarrassing mistakes in a post after everyone has read it :oReplyDelete
I have that problem too, Nymeth. :-S I read my reviews, I have my husband read them, and then I'll reread them and I still miss things! It's frustrating and very embarrassing!ReplyDelete
Thanks for participating! How long did it take you to write your tip? :D The full list of blogging tips are here: http://neonscent.com/blog/2007/07/19/blogging-tips-web-meme/ReplyDelete
Grace - Thanks for stopping in! It didn't take me too long. I tried to think of something catchy to say, but it was getting late and I was tired so I just went for something basic. I've since noticed that others had similar ideas. :-)ReplyDelete
I love your moans but I don't see a place to comment. Did you do three posts in one? I love that I'm not the only person who is embarrassed about the state of my house. Thanks for sharing that moan. :)ReplyDelete
Nancy - Yeah, I just threw all the memes together. I probably should have broken them up a little more, but that didn't cross my mind at the time.ReplyDelete
I did the blogging tips meme too and love your suggestion for I have learned the hard way not to be in a tearing hurry to publish your first draft!
Lotus - It can be easy to miss something, at least for me. :-S I need to go back and see what new tips have been added. Some of them are very good.ReplyDelete