Friday, January 11, 2008
Friday Fill In
1. My favorite song of 2007 was Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol (I think it was actually released in 2006, but it was my 2007 song come the end of the year).
2. I'm most tempted by the bookstore that happens to be on my way to wherever I may be going at any given time.
3. Today I want time to stretch as long as it can so I can enjoy the day to its fullest (can you tell it is my day off today?).
4. The last thing I took a picture of was my cat climbing up my husband's shorts (he wasn't wearing them at the time).
5. You and I have memories that we hold dear and near to our hearts as well as those we wish we could flush down the toilet and forget ever took place.
6. The most recent movie I’ve seen that I really enjoyed was Atonement.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to fast food, veging in front of my computer and blog hopping while my husband goes on his Friday night raid, and then perhaps curling up with a book before drifting off to sleep; tomorrow my plans include taking down the Christmas tree, putting away all the boxes of Christmas decorations that never got opened, and pulling out of my TBR room all of my challenge books for the year (which I cannot believe I have not done yet!) and Sunday, I want to finish up the laundry, get it a little more reading, and watch the second episode of this season's The Wire.
Posted by Literary Feline at 1/11/2008 02:32:00 PM
Labels: Friday Fill-In Meme, Meme
Thank you for taking the time to visit Musings of a Bookish Kitty. Don't be shy! I would love to hear from you. Due to a recent increase in spam, I will be moderating all comments for the foreseeable future. Please be patient with me as it may take a few hours before I am able to approve your comment.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
But the PBS Austen series starts on Sunday.ReplyDelete
Have a good weekend!
I love #1, too, but I'm so much of a grammar geek that I mentally edit the chorus every time I sing it. :-)ReplyDelete
loved your answer to #3 :-) Thanks for playing!ReplyDelete
I really want to see Atonement. I haven't read the book but just seeing the movie trailer for Atonement makes me want to go out and purchase the book ASAP.ReplyDelete
I am looking forward to watching Atonement. I think it will be released towards end of the month over here, I can't wait! :)ReplyDelete
Carrie - Nothing will interfere with my Wire. :-) My husband even told his guild that he can't raid with them on Sunday night, even when I told him we could record the show.ReplyDelete
I hope you have a good weekend too!
Ronnie - Haha! I find myself doing that too.
Janet - I treasure my days off. :-)
Brie - It's a really good movie. I hope you will enjoy it! The book is even better, of course.
Melody - Oh good! I hope you enjoy it!
Sounds like that would've been a funny picture! Have a nice weekend!ReplyDelete
Sounds like a great weekend. Mine are usually very similar, even though I haven't watched The Wire yet. I hope to write my review of Broken for You. Now if we could only get someone to do our laundry;-)ReplyDelete
I don't know anything by Snow Patrol buy now I'm interested.ReplyDelete
Have a nice weekend!
*but* now I am interested. Sorry for the typo.ReplyDelete
I swear I'm beginning to hate Christmas trees! I had to help my mom put her's up, take it down and then I also had to help my uncle-in-law take his down too! I've never seen so many dead pine needles in my life and since the tree was frosted it looked like it had snowed everywhere! Too bad those little needles aren't as soft as snow.ReplyDelete
I discovered Snow Patrol last year too. Great band and an excellent song.ReplyDelete
Hope your day off stretched and stretched :)
Tanabata - It was quite funny to see! I hope you are enjoying your weekend too.ReplyDelete
Kristy - It would be nice if someone else would do my laundry. Sometimes my husband helps, which is nice. :-) I look forward to reading your review of Broken For You.
Amy - I hadn't heard of them until there song came on the radio one day and I was smitten. With the song at least. :-) I hope you have a nice weekend too.
Jen - We at least got the boxes of decorations back in the garage. We have an artificial tree and so the only pine needles on the floor are the entire branch pieces that the cat has knocked down already. Haha I imagine the real things can be quite messy come clean up time.
Julie - They are a great band, aren't they? I had a nice Friday. I'm hoping to stretch the entire weekend a little longer . . . It's back to work on Monday.
I chuckle over #5 where you said "flush down the toilet and forget it ever took place"....Isn't that the truth! :)ReplyDelete
I almost went to see Attonement last night but my niece Trish decided to watch Legend instead. It wasn't a bad movie :)
LOL I think most people can relate, unfortunately.ReplyDelete
It's been years since I've seen Legend. I remember liking it back then. I wonder what I'd think now . . .
So you're a fan of "The Wire," too! I adore it - as always. We've already seen episode 3, cause they're available on digital cable "On Demand." I may have to go back and re-watch season #1, though. .. what a show!ReplyDelete
Clea - Don't you dare tempt me! Thanks for the tip about the show being available "On Demand". That's good to know in case I get too impatient! My husband's already complaining about having to wait a week for a new episode. We are so spoiled by DVDs.ReplyDelete