This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is the Back to School in which I am featuring books set in or around schools that are on my TBR pile.
1. Dark Rooms by Lili Anolik ~ Set in an exclusive New England prep school where one sister investigates the death of her younger sister.
2. School for Psychics (#1) by K.C. Archer ~ Set in San Francisco, in just as the title suggests, a school for psychics, where students learn how to use their psychic abilities to serve the government.
3. Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita ~ Can you imagine Cinderella's stepmother as a headmistress of a reform school? Well, she is. And 12 year old Gilly is the latest student sent there after her third infraction. This one is set in Enchantasia.
4. The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis ~ A historical fiction novel set partly in a long lost art school in Grand Central Terminal in New York City. In 1928, Clara is looking forward to a bright future as an art instructor, while in 1974, Virginia is just trying to make enough money to pay her daughter's way in college.5. The Daisy Children by Sofia Grant ~ This novel is based on a true story about a devastating New London School explosion on 1937 in Texas.
6. The Magicians (#1) by Lev Grossman ~ Upstate New York seems to be the perfect setting for a college of magic where just about anything can happen.
7. The Affliction by Beth Gutcheon ~ Murder strikes at a boarding school along the Hudson River.
8. The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi ~ Set in Afghanistan, this novel touches on the bacha posh tradition, which allows a girl to dress and go to school as a boy until she is of marriageable age.
9. The Broken Girls by Simone St. James ~ Set in a boarding school in Vermont for unwanted girls called Idlewild Hall. The year is 2014, and the school is being restored. A young woman starts to look into its past for a story she is writing, including the death of her sister there twenty years before.
10. When the Men Were Gone by Marjorie Herrera Lewis ~ Breaking tradition, a woman becomes the first high school football couch in this high school town while the men are off to war. Based on a true story.
Do you enjoy reading books with a school setting? Have you read any of these?
© 2018, Musings of a Bookish Kitty. All Rights Reserved. If you're reading this on a site other than Musings of a Bookish Kitty or Wendy's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.