Independent Literary Awards are given to books that have been recommended and voted on by independent literary bloggers. Nominations are open to independent literary bloggers only, and are then voted upon by a panel of bloggers who are proficient in the genre they represent. Each panel is led by a judge who oversees the integrity of the process.
This year will be the first year the mystery category will be appearing and I am lucky enough to be on the panel of voting members for that category. The other judges in the mystery category are Tina of Reader for Life (Director), Elizabeth of Musings of an All Purpose Monkey, Jen of Jen’s Book Thoughts, and Lesa of Lesa’s Book Critiques.
Nominations open in September, but we need your help now. We need you to read lots of great books so that you can nominate them come September. All we ask is this:
- You must be a literary blogger; and a link to your blog must be provided so we can verify this (you may not be the author, publisher, or publicist of the book you are nominating).
- Books nominated must have a 2011 release date.
- You may nominate a book that has already been listed (the books with the most nominations will be what we add to the Long List).
- You may nominate books in more than one genre, but only one per genre.
- Nominations are open midnight PST September 1, 2011 – 11:59 PST December 31, 2011.
If mysteries aren't your thing, don't worry! There are plenty of other award categories as well, including
In the meantime, hurry up and start reading! We'd love it if you could help spread the word about the awards. Grab a button and share it on your blog.