- Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
- Turn to page 123.
- What is the first sentence on the page?
- The last sentence on the page?
- Now . . . connect them together….
(And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)
Two nights before my father died, I dreamed that I was out at the bullpen with him. God it was beautiful!- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
Yeah, so I did not add anything extra to connect the two sentences together, but don't you think it works perfectly just like that? I do anyway.
1. I love springtime in the fall! (What can I say? It's the first thing that came to mind.)
2. A Banana is a food I love to eat for breakfast. (I often don't eat much else.)
3. It seems I'm always searching for my glasses. (I rarely put them in the same place each time. It's becoming a family tradition now for my husband and I to search the house for my glasses before we go out.)
4. Reading in bed is a great way to end the day. (You must try it if you haven't already.)
5. I think I need a hair cut. (But it will have to wait until the 18th.)
6. Ice cold Soda is what I've been craving lately. (I can't drink it anymore, and so it especially sucks!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a warm meal followed by a good book; tomorrow my plans include making my husband go over the author panel schedule for the L.A. Times Festival of Books to see if there are any he does not want to miss this year; and Sunday, I want to enjoying the company of my animals and husband--and a good book!